Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



4/21/14

JUNE: The DKs @ St Andy's

True story: This morning while toasting a bagel in the lovely office kitchen/public space, I was absently humming "Kill the Poor" by the Dead Kennedys. (For reasons soon to be revealed, but not at that point understood, I've been on a DKs binge for the past week.) Absent the lyrics, the tune to "Kill the Poor" is pretty peppy and upbeat, a signature move of the DKs: satirize modern horror and the public's reaction thereto simultaneously, with catchy hooks and outrageous lyrics. When a new coworker entered the room (actually, I'm the new coworker), my brain did a screeching halt as it recognized the possibility of someone asking me what's that happy tune I'm humming and the amount of context it would take for the answer to not sound insane.

Fast forward to a couple of hours later, and this stunner comes across my desk. Did my psychic brain look into the future and send back a message in the form of jaunty humming? Maybe. But I prefer to think that it was my thinking about the DKs that manifested the tour into reality.

(Please note: Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine are also touring separately this June.)


East Bay Ray, D.H. Peligro, Klaus Flouride, and Skip McSkipster
Tues. June, 24th, 2014